It’s quiet in Calgary this morning and even though plenty of controversial subjects are brewing, the biggest story is a movie and it’s big box office receipts. Which makes me think how my priorities have changed. There was a time when a new Star Wars movie would be at the top of my mind and I would be standing in line to see it in its first week. Now… I don’t want to be bothered by large noisy crowds… I can wait. Maybe the last three SW movies, which I have described as giant piles of dog shit, made me sour on the franchise. I’ll see it, but it can wait.
*Nothing To See Here
- The downgrade mentions “low oil prices.”
- But it then goes on and mentions “projected weak budgetary performances in the next two years and moderate, but rapidly rising, tax-supported debt burden.”
- No matter. The NDP says the downgrade is all about the drop in oil prices as they spin faster than a dryer on steroids.
- They believe they’re controlling spending. They think borrowing $55 billion is conservative.
The following quotes are from Wildrose Leader Brian Jean… which scares me.
- “At first I thought they maybe didn’t know what they were doing,” says the Wildrose leader.
- “Now I’m starting to think maybe they do know what they’re doing and that’s scaring me even more.”
Brian… remember… for the NDP, ideology comes first… always.
*I’d Vote For This Guy
Today on Deep Cuts and Lost Classics… an excellent instrumental of the Christmas classic.