The first link is directly related to the second link today and I am reminded of the often repeated quote attributed to Albert Einstein, “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Even though governments around the world have had bad experiences with “renewable energy”, they still think they can make it work in their jurisdiction, so they go all in with insanity. All the warnings are evident, yet those same governments turn their backs on what works (oil and gas).
Nowhere is it more evident than in Alberta right now.
- Under Premier Rachel Notley, Alberta has increased corporate income taxes, toughened a carbon tax and other environmental policies, and initiated a review of royalties.
- In last year’s survey, just five per cent of respondents said political stability was a deterrent to investment in Alberta. That number shot up to 51 per cent this year. Likewise, only 14 per cent of respondents thought Alberta’s fiscal terms (including royalties) were a deterrent to investment last year. In 2015, the total jumped to 39 per cent.
Notley’s government is going to invest (aka- subsidize with taxpayers money) in windmills and solar panels to “save the world”, while putting more people out of work and destroying Alberta’s most important industry. The effect is completely predictable, it has happened over and over again, but full speed ahead with the Socialists. Which brings us to story two and good ole Ont-ari-ari-ari-OWE.
- The ministry issued dozens of directives that “did not fully consider the state of the electricity market” and at times went against the advice of the Ontario Power Authority.
- “Ontario electricity ratepayers have had to pay billions for these decisions,” said Lysyk.
- The electricity portion of hydro bills rose 70 per cent between 2006 and 2014, which Lysyk said cost consumers $37 billion dollars in so-called Global Adjustment payments — and will cost ratepayers another $133 billion by 2032.
Read the full article. The government says this is good because of global warming or something.
- The only people today who might still be standing on guard for Ontario’s coal-free, wind-racked and sunburned electricity system are the scores of freeloading corporations — wind farm hucksters, gas plant owners, solar panel installers — to whom the Liberals gave fat contracts at bonus prices that were well above market rates.
*What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
- “For us to take a dramatic position on the world stage is important. We won a medal from the United Nations High Commission for Human Rights. We gained a lot of prestige as a humanitarian country. I think that’s consistent with Canadian tradition.”
- “I want to be part of an organized group that is apolitical, but has been involved in various human rights issues to urge the government to achieve its objectives and not be sidetracked by situations such as over concern about security,” Atkey says…
We won a medal! Wow! Let’s bring in a million… maybe we’ll get an all you can eat card at Chuck E. Cheese.
Words from the wise.
“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.” • Ariel Durant (writer)
“From whence shall we expect the approach of danger? Shall some trans-Atlantic military giant step the earth and crush us at a blow? Never. All the armies of Europe and Asia…could not by force take a drink from the Ohio River or make a track on the Blue Ridge in the trial of a thousand years. No, if destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of free men we will live forever or die by suicide.” • Abraham Lincoln
*Because Gun Control Will Stop Terrorists
And never let a good crisis go to waste.
— Martin O’Malley (@MartinOMalley) December 2, 2015
I have a screen capture of this next one… I’ll post it when Rivera decides he’s a total ass.
The key now is for us to be as outraged by San Bernadino massacre as we would be if Muslim extremists were doing the killing. This is terror
— Geraldo Rivera (@GeraldoRivera) December 2, 2015
Funny how with shootings the left can assume the shooters r inspired by Planned Parenthood… but inspired by a religion. Naw! #SanBernadino
— John R. Bolton (@johnrbolton1) December 2, 2015
Today on Deep Cuts & Lost Classics… Ella.